Front End Web Developer Internship
We are a communications and digital marketing firm located in Austin, Texas. We’re nationally-recognized for working at the highest levels of the business, non-profit, and political worlds. With our experience at the highest levels of conservative politics, our team is uniquely positioned to help build a robust digital presence.
We are pioneers in our space, specializing in creative strategic messaging. To brag a little–we have won awards for our use of mobile technology, microsites, and continue to push the envelope of websites.
We are looking for an intern who has basic web developer skills and is eager to learn new technical and workflow skills. The internship will focus primarily on front end development with use of platforms like NationBuilder and WordPress.
You will be helping and learning from a team of full-time developers. Together, you won’t just be crushing bugs, but also coding and experimenting with new features and exciting APIs around the web. You will try new ways of doing things and assist in the creation of websites that win awards and accomplish the goals of our clients.
Our goal is at the end of the internship, you are taking web projects from start to finish with amazing results.
We want to hire the best and the very brightest–in both skills and creativity.
As such, we have high standards:
- Basic knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 / SASS
- Photoshop / design experience
- Knowledge of UX pertaining to websites
- Ability to meet deadlines and update Project Managers on ongoing status
- Work with internal teams (design, account, etc) to accomplish goals of the clients
- Experience pushing multiple tasks and projects forward, that can range from small edits to a site to deep interaction of a full website.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the changing online landscape, in both a go-getter and workshop learner fashion
If you exceed our expectations, you’ll have some of these qualities:
- Knowledge of WordPress theme development
- Nationbuilder/Liquid (or similar templating language) experience
Schedule and Compensation
This is an unpaid internship position in Austin, TX only. Can be completed for school credit. Timeframe determined upon hire.
Our team is growing rapidly and our clients are expanding–there is ample room at the top. We are seeking motivated, hardworking individuals who care not just about their clients but about their growth in the company and in the industry.
To apply, please complete the form below to forward your resume to the Hiring Manager.