September 5, 2019
Harris Media is seeking an experienced lead web developer for a full-time position at our office located in Austin, Texas. Our ideal candidate must have a strong web development skill set and the ability to balance simultaneous projects and deadlines. This individual will be tasked with more complicated website projects for higher profile clients, and will be expected to thrive in the fast paced environment of politics.
What You’ll Do:
-Join the team as a WordPress and NationBuilder developer
-Third-party API integrations for WordPress
-Build, modify, and use in-house WordPress plugins
-Use Liquid templating for NationBuilder
-Domain management and updating DNS records for clients’ sites
-Design themes using HTML, CSS/SASS, Bootstrap
-Maintain existing WordPress client sites
-QA sites during staging and after deployment
-Create clean, DRY, and reusable code
-Keep yourself and the team up to date with JIRA Kanban workboards
-Fluency with WordPress, PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS/SASS, and Frameworks with Responsive design
-Working knowledge of version control (GIT)
-Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
-Works both independently and with other developers
-Adhere to best practices, comments in code, and create documentation
-5+ years of experience with WordPress and PHP
-1+ year of experience with NationBuilder
-Experience building custom themes, plugins, and widgets
-Experience working with third-party APIs – SOAP, REST and other (Facebook and Twitter)
Nice to haves:
-Experience working on an Agile team using JIRA
-Strong knowledge of web performance optimization, caching, and SEO
-Experience working with WP Engine Server Environment
-Experience working with local development environments (Vagrant, Ansible/Homestead)
-Experience with Sketch and/or Adobe XD
-Bash Shell scripting
Schedule and Compensation
This is a full-time position in Austin, TX only. Offering will be dependent on experience. The company also offers health, dental, and vision insurance options.
To apply, please complete the form below and include links to an active GitHub or BitBucket account so we can view your most recent work.
September 10, 2019
As part of our account management team, you will be in charge of planning and executing digital strategy for a wide range of advocacy, campaign, corporate, and public affairs clients.
The typical day involves leading the strategy of social media content, planning and managing online advertising, online fundraising, managing client data, and updating client websites.
Our ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- At least one year of professional experience in marketing or online advertising
- Have client facing experience in both fulfilling their needs and consulting based on expertise
- Proven strategic thinking skills and a passion for making great work
- Excellent writing skills for both pithy social content and long-form online fundraising emails
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience pushing multiple tasks forward in different sectors and for different clients
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the changing digital landscape, in both a go-getter and workshop learner fashion
- Familiar in both audiences, technical limitations, and content types for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
If you exceed our expectations, you’ll have some of these qualities:
- Experience in Republican or conservative political campaigns, advocacy, think tanks, etc.
- Previous online advertising strategy or buying experience
- Graphic design experience
This is a full-time position and salary will be dependent on experience. The company also offers quality health, dental, and vision insurance options.
To apply, please complete the form below or send your resume to the Hiring Manager at [email protected]
August 22, 2019
Harris Media is seeking a part-time Office Manager to coordinate various tasks pertaining to our office building.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactively identifying and resolving issues related to the office building and surrounding property
- Coordinating with contractors (lawn care, janitor, handymen, etc.) on building maintenance
- Ensuring the office is neat and tidy at all times
- Restocking office supplies before they run out
- Keeping office equipment (computers, cameras, etc.) organized and accounted for
- Ordering and picking up food for company events, client meetings, etc.
- Watering plants and grass
- Assorted administrative tasks
- Commitment to working 3 weekday mornings (4 hours each) per week
- Personal vehicle for out-of-office tasks mentioned above
Handywork/DIY experience a huge plus!
Please submit your resume through the form below, or by emailing [email protected]