We are a communications and digital marketing firm located in Austin, Texas. We’re internationally recognized for working at the highest levels of the business, non-profit, and political worlds. With our experience at the highest levels of digital marketing, our team is uniquely positioned to help our clients build a robust digital presence.
Harris Media works with Fortune 500 companies, large sports brands, and heads of state. Some recent clients include: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Presidential Candidate Senator Rand Paul, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Senator Rob Portman, Senator Ted Cruz, Governor Matt Bevin, Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, Secure America Now, Devon Energy, Texans for Natural Gas, the American Taekwondo Association, and other prominent elected officials, not-for-profits, and corporations.
Our work has been featured by:
- Bloomberg Politics – “The Man Who Invented The Republican Internet”
- AdWeek – “One group backed by Secure America Now posted what could be the first 15-second political attack video tweet, complete with terrifying imagery and creepy voice-over.”
- WIRED – “But its latest political ad, which launched today, is just plain bizarre. It’s also completely genius … in an evil kind of way.”
- Politico – “Harris Media, which has amassed a marquee roster of conservative clients, from Sarah Palin to Rand Paul, and established itself as the buzziest GOP firm of the cycle.”
We are pioneers in our space, specializing in creative strategic messaging. To brag a little, we were the first to use Google click-to-call for advocacy, first to place a paid political Snapchat geofilter, first to use native Twitter video attack ads, first U.S. Senate ad on Instagram, and much more.
You would be joining our collaborative and creative team of digital natives that works across disciplines to bring the best strategy and content to our clients. As a full-service creative agency, Digital Strategists, Account Executives, Advertising Specialists, Designers, Videographers, and Developers work hand-in-hand to accomplish the goals of our clients.
As part of our expansive Account team, you will be in charge of planning and executing digital strategy for a wide range of conservative clients. We work in teams and with other internal departments, so an eagerness to collaborate is a must. This means there are a lot of meetings. Not only do we have team meetings to discuss and strategize client work, but also weekly learnings on new technology and company-wide brainstorming for content around upcoming events.
You are not only a do-er, but a leader. You are just as confident working one-on-one with a fellow teammate as you are in arguing and winning large advertising budgets for the top races in the country. You will be interacting with mid- and senior-level clients: communicating the agency’s strategic and creative points of view, as well as managing client feedback. We don’t sit still and neither should you. This is fast-paced, proactive work in which we seek out the next great idea and stay ahead of the ever-changing news cycle. Practically, you need to seek out new information by reading blog posts, case studies, articles, commentary, conference talks, and everything else under the sun. Then you need to be able to communicate that information accurately and authoritatively to your team and to your clients.
The work hours are atypical and centered heavily around politics (i.e. primaries, general election, debates, rallies, etc). As an Account Executive, you are the first line of defense and the main point of contact for our clients. When something happens, they call you.
But as such, we provide atypical benefits. For example, we have taken days off to enjoy the Austin weather, for Austin City Limits, an extra week given after the election, and the more-than-occasional happy hour.
The day-to-day varies depending on teams and goals of the clients. This means managing and streamlining the day-to-day digital operations and success of your clients, including content calendars, project management, and communicating with the clients.
It is typically leading the strategy of social media content, planning and managing online advertising, online fundraising planning (including email), and implementing political website trends and tactics. But it also includes more intangible tasks, like daily management of client teams while collaborating with other internal agency teams, like Web Developers, Ad Specialists, Designers, and Digital Strategists.
We are a team of consultants. Our Account Executives must be proactive, not just middlemen between the client and our internal agency teams. We are looking for someone who will be active and ideas-driven, not just completing a task to check the box.
We want to hire the best and the very brightest–in both politics and creativity.
As such, we have high standards:
- Supervising and teaching of Account Coordinators and others on your client team.
- Proven strategic thinking skills and a passion for making great work.
- Excellent oral communication skills, with the ability to speak confidently to clients
- Excellent writing skills for both pithy social content and long-form online fundraising emails
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience pushing multiple tasks forward in different sectors and for different clients; while maintaining ongoing management of digital advertising campaigns and multiple websites.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the changing digital landscape, in both a go-getter and workshop learner fashion
- Familiar in both audiences, technical limitations, and content types for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Have the ability to merge your own voice with that of the clients in order to communicate effectively and capitalize on cultural trends, real-time news, and topics relevant to our audience.
- Comfortable working with senior clients and demonstrates potential for leadership and management of senior client.
- The ability to lead tasks to completion, while being collaborative and motivating your teams.
- Have client facing experience in both fulfilling their needs and consulting based on expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
If you exceed our expectations, you’ll have some of these qualities:
- Experience in marketing, especially political, advocacy, nonprofit, or corporate
- Campaign experience
- Previous online advertising strategy or buying experience
Schedule and Compensation
This is a full-time position in Austin, TX only. We are not accepting contract, freelance, or other part-time work. Salary will be dependent on experience. The company also helps cover the cost to you to provide you quality health insurance without having you foot the entire bill.
Our team is growing rapidly and our clients are expanding–there is ample room at the top. We are seeking motivated, hardworking individuals who care not just about their clients but about their growth in the company and in the industry.
To apply, please complete the form below to forward your resume to the Hiring Manager.