August 23, 2018
Harris Media is seeking an entry level/intermediate website designer and developer for a full-time position at our office. Our ideal candidate must have a strong website development skill set and the ability to balance simultaneous projects and deadlines. We are a communications and marketing agency of creative digital strategists, graphic designers, videographers, and web developers looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to add to our team. This is not a contract role and will require on-site work.
What You’ll Do:
- Design themes in WordPress and NationBuilder
- Design themes and websites for clients in WordPress and NationBuilder
- Maintain existing WordPress and NationBuilder client sites
- Attend meetings with in-house account managers and project leads to discuss technical requirements, timeframes, mockups/wireframes and scope of work
- QA sites during staging and after deployment
- Create clean, DRY, and reusable code
- Keep yourself and the team up to date with JIRA Kanban workboards
- Work with your account pod as a team from start to finish
What You’ll Have:
- At least 1 year of experience with WordPress development. This should include creation of custom themes/websites, not just implementation of paid or free templates.
- Fluency with WordPress, PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS/SASS, and Frameworks with Responsive design
- The ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
Added Bonuses (but not required):
- Experience using the NationBuilder CMS or Liquid template language
- Working knowledge of version control (GIT)
- Experience working with third-party APIs – SOAP, REST and other (Facebook and Twitter)
- Experience working on an Agile team using JIRA
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimization, caching, and SEO.
- Experience working with Domain Name services and Server Hosting Environments
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with a link to an active GitHub, BitBucket account, or personal website so we can view your most recent work.
August 15, 2018
As part of our expansive account management team, you will be in charge of planning and executing digital strategy for a wide range of corporate, nonprofit, and public affairs clients.
The typical day involves leading the strategy of social media content, planning and managing online advertising, online fundraising planning (including email), managing client data, and updating client websites.
Our ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- At least one year of professional experience in marketing or online advertising
- Proven strategic thinking skills and a passion for making great work
- Excellent oral communication skills, with the ability to speak confidently to clients
- Excellent writing skills for both pithy social content and long-form online fundraising emails
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Experience pushing multiple tasks forward in different sectors and for different clients while maintaining ongoing management of digital advertising campaigns and multiple websites
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the changing digital landscape, in both a go-getter and workshop learner fashion
- Familiar in both audiences, technical limitations, and content types for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms
- Have the ability to merge your own voice with that of the clients in order to communicate effectively and capitalize on cultural trends, real-time news, and topics relevant to our audience
- Comfortable working with senior clients and demonstrates potential for leadership and management of senior client
- The ability to lead tasks to completion, while being collaborative and motivating your teams
- Have client facing experience in both fulfilling their needs and consulting based on expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
If you exceed our expectations, you’ll have some of these qualities:
- Experience in political, advocacy, nonprofit, or corporate marketing
- Political campaign experience
- Previous online advertising strategy or buying experience
This is a full-time position. We are not accepting contract, freelance, or other part-time work. Salary will be dependent on experience. The company also helps cover the cost to you to provide you quality health insurance without having you foot the entire bill.
To apply, please complete the form below or send your resume to the Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
July 16, 2018
We are looking for Digital Marketing Interns who are interested in learning online communication strategies and executing many day-to-day implementation and management functions. Our interns work in close collaboration with the Harris Media Account Team to create content for coordinated digital marketing campaigns for political, advocacy, business, and non-profit clients.
An ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
• Excellent writing skills
• Knowledge of social networks and new media technologies
• Knowledge of the political landscape in races across the country
• Ability to get things done, on time
• Experience with graphic design and/or video editing not required, but a benefit
• Timeframe: This fall semester internship runs from August 27 to December 7
• Location: Harris Media office
• Internship positions are unpaid, but can be completed for school credit
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.